Monday, August 17, 2009

SMASHING You ask? SMASHING You get!

I have recently been told that I have a calling in "SMASHING". Some of you may ask what that is? It is a very intense but rejuvenating massage for anyone in need of deep, heavy pressure. Most ideal for intense athletes. It is performed on the floor or mat using my body weight to slowly walk on the belly of one's legs, butt and back muscles...arms can also be done but in a lighter more moderate manor - however Myofascia Release is better recommended for the arms. You will get more of a Cross Fiber (breaks up muscle adhesions) and Longitudinal Release (lengthens tight or tense muscles) during this massage. Pressure can be altered at anytime with a slight shift of weight through my body movements. I work with your pain scale and apply the amount of pressure I think you will need to truly feel your muscles release and relax.

I am currently creating an hour long session that is sure to keep you coming back. Mr. Kelly Starrett, Owner of San Francisco CrossFit and Physical Therapist has become a regular client of mine. He is assisting me in the creation of this hour long SMASHING session. I will keep you posted on my launch date. As of right now I am performing Specific Body SMASHING along with Myofascia Release and Shiatsu. My massage session hours are from 9:30am - 12pm on Saturdays at San Francisco CrossFit behind Sports Basement. If you would like to sign up for a half hour massage, please email me and I will be happy to add you to the list (first come first serve basis- CrossFitters and Spouses Only at this time). Half Hour Sessions are free of charge for the time being but tip is always a great way to make sure your name is on the list next week or the week thereafter!

My next post will be on Anatomy and Physiology along with a couple Stress Management Tips! I will end my post today with a nice one...


If you are feeling Angry, Frustrated or Irritated apply pressure to the following two Acupressure Points:
1) GB 20 - in the hollow below occipital ridge, both sides. Hold it as long as 90 seconds.
2) GB 21 - highest point on shoulder line midway between shoulder tip and spine (c7)- Where the finger is pointing to on the photo below. Hold as long as 90 seconds.

Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment